How to Make Your Own Telegram Stickers
Telegram stickers are a universe of their own, with people having entire conversations in cool graphics, trashy memes, or movie quotes. And it’s only possible because Telegram allows you to make your own stickers.
The best thing about making Telegram stickers is that you don’t have to have a developer account or pass a long and painful review (here’s looking at you, iMessage). You just send images to a bot and that’s about it.
So, if you’ve been meaning to do something with all of the in-jokes you and your work friends have accumulated, follow this guide explaining how to make your own Telegram stickers.
Step 1: Design Your Stickers
You don’t have to be a graphic designer to create Telegram stickers. If you are, that’s great—another free way for you to promote your art. But if you’re not, don’t let that stop you. Some of the best Telegram stickers are hilarious meme-like creations, thrown together out of quotes and photos. Your basic design skills will suffice for those.
The stickers you create have to follow unified design requirements. Those are super simple:
- Telegram stickers must be PNG images with a transparent background, 512×512 pixels.
- Each sticker should be a separate image file. Designing and uploading them is easier on desktop than on mobile, so you might want to use Telegram for Mac, Telegram for Windows, or Telegram Web.
- The icon for your sticker pack is optional. If you’d like to have one, design a 100×100 PNG image with a transparent layer.
It’s important to understand that using things like movie quotes to create your stickers is a copyright infringement. Yes, that’s exactly how memes are made, but unlike a meme, your sticker pack will likely be taken off Telegram if the copyright owner complains. That said, there seems to be no copyright check when you upload your designs.
The average Telegram sticker pack includes 10 to 20 stickers, but you’re not limited in how many you want to upload. Some packs have over 100 stickers, and you can keep coming back and adding new ones even after you publish.
Step 2: Find the Telegram Sticker Bot
Once your very own Telegram stickers are ready to roll, find the Telegram sticker bot. You can do that either by following the link above or by opening Telegram and typing “stickers” into the search field. Click on the chat, and you’ll see the list of commands you can use:
- /newpack to create a new Telegram sticker pack
- /addsticker to add a sticker to an existing pack
- /delsticker to remove a sticker from a pack
- /ordersticker to reorder stickers in a pack
- /stats to get usage stats for a specific sticker
- /top to see the top stickers in your pack
- /packstats to get usage stats for a sticker pack
- /packtop to see your top sticker packs
- /cancel to cancel whatever command you just used
Click Start to open the chat and start setting up your sticker pack.
Step 3: Upload Your Telegram Stickers
The Telegram sticker bot makes it easy to upload and publish your designs. Here’s what you need to do:
- Type in the /newpack command and hit Enter.
- The sticker bot will ask for the name of your pack. Type in the name and send it.
- Now click on the File icon to upload your first sticker. It’s important that you upload it as a file, not as a photo. If you use the Camera icon, the bot will reject the image.
- The bot will ask you to assign an emoji to your sticker. Choose an emoji that matches this sticker best and hit Enter to send it. You can assign a few, but Telegram recommends no more than two emoji per sticker.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for every Telegram sticker you want to add.
- When you’re done, type in the /publish command and send it.
- If you want to add an icon for your sticker pack, upload it just like you uploaded the rest of the images and send it to the bot. If you don’t have an icon, just send the /skipcommand, and your first sticker will become an icon for this pack.
- Finally, send the bot a short name for your sticker pack to be used in its URL. For example, mine is “Classic Alice,” so the URL is https://t.me/addstickers/Yourchoice
Done! Click on the link to your Telegram sticker pack to see how everything looks. If you have more than 10 stickers, you can scroll through them.
Start Sending Your Telegram Stickers
Telegram doesn’t have a sticker store or any other way for people to browse all existing stickers. This means your pack will be gathering dust until you and your friends start sending the stickers you made.
When you click on your pack’s URL, you’ll see two ways to start sharing your Telegram stickers.
- Share: This will forward the link to your pack to a Telegram contact or group of your choosing.
- Add Stickers: This will add the pack to your collection, so that you can send individual stickers to your Telegram contacts. Your friends can then see and add the pack by tapping on the sticker you sent. That is how they spread.
Subcribe Below to get latest post notification